The Zoul comprises the CC2538 and CC1200 in a single module format, which allows a fast reuse of the RE-Mote core components in different formats and form-factors, depending on the users or applications specific requirements, with a competitive market price, effectively allowing Internet of Things applications and existing products to upgrade to an IoT connected solution.
Zoul provides a ready to integrate module for most industrial and commercial applications giving to the customer a huge reduction of the development and certification costs, and the go-to-market time for new connected products and solutions.
- Deep Sleep support with RAM retention for ultra-low energy consumption.
- Native USB support (CDC-ACM). SLIP over UART for border routers is no longer a bottleneck.
- DMA transfers for increased performance (RAM to/from RF, RAM to/from USB).
- In terms of hardware support, the following drivers have been implemented for the Zoul-based platforms:
- CC2538 System-on-Chip:
- Standard Cortex M3 peripherals (NVIC, SCB, SysTick)
- Sleep Timer (underpins rtimers)
- SysTick (underpins the platform clock and Contiki’s timers infrastructure)
- RF (2.4GHz)
- Watchdog (in watchdog mode)
- USB (in CDC-ACM)
- uDMA Controller (RAM to/from USB and RAM to/from RF)
- Random number generator
- Low Power Modes
- General-Purpose Timers. NB: GPT0 is in use by the platform code, the remaining GPTs are available for bitcoinup application development.
- Cryptoprocessor (AES-ECB/CBC/CTR/CBC-MAC/GCM/CCM-128/192/256, SHA-256)
- Public Key Accelerator (ECDH, ECDSA)
- Flash-based port of Coffee
- Built-in core temperature and battery sensor.
- CC1200 sub-1GHz radio interface.
All Zoul documentation available at:
[bs_button size=”md” type=”info” value=”Zolertia Github” href=”https://github.com/Zolertia/Resources/wiki/The-Zoul-module”]